My favourite quote from this video? “Don’t decide your career before you can legally buy a beer” because dayuumm, that was what I did. I decided to go into Animation at the raw age of 17, and now at 20, I finally have a clue about what I really want from life, and it definitely isn’t animation.
Not to say I regret going into this course. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process because through this I have met so many wonderful people who have changed me, and when I think about my 17 year old self, I realise I have indeed grown a lot. I’m less shy than I used to be, less antisocial and less scared to approach people. I never knew anything about inter-personal and intra-personal skills when I was in high school. I had my good days and bad days, but thanks to going into college, I opened up my world to more possibilities.
Anyway here is my list to the questions above :)
The experiences I want:
* travel around the world and learn about different society and cultures
* go bungee jumping, skydiving at least once
* meet and make friends who have similar passion, and maintain old friendships
* open a art cafe/library/bookshop, where people share their passion
* go bald at least once(just because)
* make my parents proud and happy for me
* have a small little garden
How I want to grow:
* learn to love myself more, mistakes, flaws and all.
* learn Japanese, French.
* learn how to be more compassionate
* learn how to be more in tune with spiritual self
* learn technical skills like barista, cooking, play the ukelele
* learn how to be less stubborn, more patient
* learn how to lead and motivate people
What I want to contribute to the world:
* help those who are really in need, restore the faith in humanity
* create a series of illustrations about my experiences and life so that others could benefit from it
* go around the world to help educate children with whatever skills I have
* organ donation
* sponsor a child
* sponsor my parents on a trip overseas
Still have so much growing to do!
p/s: this list will be changing as I grow older. Last edited 23/3/2014.